Application to the summer course "The Deep History of the Universe, the
Earth and the Biosphere" is now open. The aim of this course is to
the students' interest and awareness in astrobiology, and in the
deep history of the world, and all students interested in these topics
are eligible to apply. We will choose the participants based on their
motivation letters and CVs.
Completion of the course credits requires participation in all of
the lectures and in the evening programmes (discussions at the
evening camp fires); the farewel dinner at the Kavalton tila is voluntary.
To apply, please fill in the application form (can be downloaded here as a .doc or .pdf file) including the following:
- the completed cover page
- a curriculum vitae
- a short motivation letter (why you want to attend the course)
Please send the application form by e-mail to Kirsi Lehto (email@example.com). If you already have a curriculum vitae, in a .doc or .pdf format, you can also attach it as separate file to e-mail. Deadline for applications is 31 May 2017 23:59 UTC
The organisers will select the participants that will be invited to participate the school. Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the selection in the second half of May.
Registration as a non-student participant
You can freely participate in the lectures and evening programmes by registration with this
form (.doc or .pdf) this form. A 25 €/day fee is required for the
coffee breaks and the evening programmes. Please send the registration form by e-mail to Kirsi Lehto (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 10.
Fees for full time participation
- Accommodation and full board in double rooms: 450 €
- Accommodation and full board in single rooms: 600 €
- The farewel dinner and savusauna at the Kavalton tila and savusauna, with transportation: 70 €
These fees cover three daily meals at the Tuorla hostel, morning and afternoon coffee breaks and all the evening programs. Lectures are free for all participants.
Fees for students from EAC institutions
Students coming from the European Astrobiology Campus institutions (Universities of Turku, Stockholm, Tartu, Tallinn, Porto, Bordeaux, Vilnius, Utrecht, Iceland and the Open university, UK) may be entitled to waiver of the participation fees. Eligible and selected participants from EAC institutions may be entitled to a travel refund up to 360 €.
- Accommodation and full board in double rooms: 0 €
- Accommodation and full board in single rooms: 150 €
The farewel dinner and savusauna at the Kavalton tila and savusauna is included.
Fees for daily participation
- Participation in the lectures: Free - requires prior registration!
- Coffee break snacks, evening programs, refreshments (Sunday - Friday): 25 €/day
- The Farwell dinner at the Kavalton tila and savusauna, with transportation: 70 €